Building a dream home from scratch is a luxury that every homeowner would love to have. You can totally customize every decision and design aspect of your home down to the details of the knobs on your cabinets. But taking on a project of that size can certainly be overwhelming. Here are some tips to help you get through your custom home building process:
Start with the land– Determine what neighborhood you want it live in, the size of the lot and how you want to build and if there are trees, stream or hills nearby depending on what you’re looking for.
Get your financial plan together: Establishing your budget for not only the building of your home, but the decorating phase of it as well, is imperative before you begin the process.
Choose the right team: Since building a custom home is a huge project and investment, you want to make sure that you have assembled the right team that you can trust. The expert professionals at Landmark Design will ensure you receive the highest level of customer service, combined with true custom design and unparalleled construction quality.
Do your research: If you’re a hands-on owner, be prepared to spend a lot of time building a custom home and personally participating in a lot of decisions. The process typically takes a minimum of one year and often lasts 16 to 18 months.
Enjoy your home: Now that all of the blood, sweat and tears are over, you can fully enjoy your beautiful dream home to share with your family. It certainly is worth the investment of providing a place to make memories with your loved ones for years to come.
Designing and building a brand new home is a large project, and we want to ensure you feel comfortable every step of the way. At Landmark Design, we keep you in the loop from start to finish and provide expert advice and involve you when selecting finishes. You can expect craftsmanship in everything we do, from exceptional design to using the best materials available. Never sacrificing quality for profit, we pride ourselves in building a home that will stay in your family for generations to come. Call us today to set up a free new home construction consultation at (203) 496-3658 to connect with us online.
Have you been thinking about adding on to your home for some time now? As they always say, there’s no time like the present. Investing in a home addition comes with so many advantages for you, your family and potentially your wallet. Here are some great reasons to add on to your home:
Add Space: Perhaps the most obvious reason to add on to your home is to give yourself more space. Families are constantly growing, so adding extra space will allow yours to live comfortably under one roof. Sometimes, even a very small addition can yield big results. Adding just three or four feet to a small kitchen or bathroom can open up a world of possibilities.
House Your Family: Adding space in your home can open up the opportunity to bring extended family members to come stay with you. It’s no secret that kids are moving back home these days, so a home addition will allow room for them or for an elderly parent who might need assistance.
Extra Income: Choosing to add on additional space in your house could serve as a great investment, should you choose to rent out the unit to tenants. Additionally, if you’re looking to sell, a home addition could add value to your home during the resale process, where you’ll get a greater return on your investment.
Save Money Moving: Making any sort of renovation on your home is typically cheaper than moving. If you’re looking for a larger space to accommodate your growing family, consider a home addition! You’ll avoid the time of hassle of having to find a new house, and can customize your home addition to fit the needs and wants of your family.
Are you looking to increase the size of your home to create additional living space or as a potential investment? Let Landmark Design be your go-to team for creating your custom home addition. If you’re in the New Canaan, Greenwich, Stamford or Darien areas, give us a call and let us transform your dream into a reality. For more information on the services we offer, visit us here or give us a call at 203-496-3658 to start planning your next project. Don’t forget to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook too for the latest tips and industry news!
Summer is right around the corner! Dust off that barbecue and get ready for days of grilling and entertaining in the sunshine. Now that you’ve had that new custom stone patio built, it’s time to complete your outdoor living space. With some thoughtful decor planning, you’ll ensure your area is inviting (and lasts!) for years to come. When choosing furniture, consider these long lasting materials– and always make sure to take a seat before you buy!
- Aluminum, plastic and PVC: If you’re looking for relatively inexpensive furniture that is easy to maintain, opt for these. The materials are also rustproof and lightweight, making them easy to move around.
- Steel and wrought iron: These heavy duty materials are great if you’re looking for something sturdy. Keep in mind that they need to be weatherproofed or painted periodically to avoid rusting.
- Wicker and natural grasses: One of the most common materials for patios is wicker because of the soft, natural look that it adds to any outdoor space. Don’t forget to treat it every couple of years with a resin finish to protect it from sun damage and other elements.
- Wood: Natural wood looks very attractive in an outdoor setting. It’s sturdiness adds to it’s comfort and is a great option when selecting patio furnishings. Woods like teak, redwood and cedar are weather-resistant, but should you opt for other types, make sure to regularly treat them with a preservative and UV protection.
- Cushions: No decor would be complete without some plush cushions. Choose ones covered in an all-weather fabric and filled with water-shedding polyester. Acrylic fabric resembles cotton, but dries quickly and resists fading and mildew, which is important when battling the elements.
- Don’t forget the shade: When a sunny heatwave hits, you’ll want to seek shade. Choose a weather and UV-resistant umbrella, which is breathable and waterproof.
Looking to entertain this summer? Let Landmark Design build a custom bluestone patio for you! For more information on our stonework patios, or to see what Landmark Design can add to your home, visit us on Facebook or Twitter or give us a call at 203-496-3658 to start planning your next project!