Any major home renovation needs to be properly planned out, and deciding on the time of year to complete your renovation project is one major decision that should be factored into your plans. Fall seems to be one of the best seasons to remodel your home due the relatively mild weather and a calmer time before the craziness of the holidays hit. If you’re planning on remodeling your home, here are the pros and cons to choosing the fall to complete your project:
- Cool weather allows remodelers to work harder and longer without overheating or getting sick.
- Since there is a lower demand for remodeling projects in the fall, costs are usually lower and schedules are typically more flexible.
- Paint reacts better to cool weather, allowing for optimal drying and finishing of your remodel.
- The weather is still mild enough to leave your doors and windows open to help projects dry and settle, without freezing your whole house out!
- You begin to lose daylight in the fall, which can shorten the work day (depending on your remodel) and extends your project’s timeline as a result.
- If you are adding on anything outdoors, you won’t get to enjoy them since winter is right around the corner.
Thinking about planning a remodel but don’t know when to start? This guide will help you choose the best time of year for your project.
Whatever the time of year you decide for your renovation, Landmark Design is here for you! We have been providing luxury bathroom, kitchen and home remodels to clients in the Greenwich area for over 30 years. No matter what design you’re looking for, we’re committed to delivering superior quality and client satisfaction. To schedule a free consultation, give us a call at 203-496-3658, and don’t forget to follow us out on Facebook and Twitter, too!